Author Topic: 14 kx250f Fork Seals  (Read 2898 times)

Offline socalmx716

• Pro
    • View Profile
14 kx250f Fork Seals
« on: March 29, 2015, 11:48:54 AM »
I've tried the tearoff trick, to no avail. Pretty sure I don't have much oil left in my forks. Any out of work or free lance mechanics out there that can give me a deal on replacing my fork seals? I read the manual and i could probably do it myself but looks like I might spend the same amount on tools and parts as I would if I had a professional do it......
"Gotta give it up to the man upstairs"- Seems like a lot of these fuggers live in basements. - Englishman

Offline PJ205

• Pro
    • View Profile
Re: 14 kx250f Fork Seals
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 09:08:26 PM »
Paging flipside.

I've changed the fork seals on my Kawi PSF forks too many times already. After you do it a couple of times, you've basically got it down. It will be worth spending the money on the tools so if/when it happens again down the line, you'll be able to do it yourself cheaper than taking them in anyhow. And its something pretty cool and useful to learn to do yourself.

Offline flipside

• Pro
  • N2dirtsuspension
    • View Profile
    • N2dirtsuspension
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 08:32:33 AM »
Buried in work. Buy the tools or I'll sell them to you. Chances are you'll need them again down the road. Not a hard job just tricky your first time. I gave a tutorial to another prorider guy here one time because he was tired of sending them out all the time. I think it was too much for him to wrap his brain around but if you have some knowledge, tools, a bench with a vise and a sack you'll get it done.

Offline YZ611

• Amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 11:38:53 AM »
Rocky mountain has some how to videos on you tube, but I don't know if they cover the newest forks.

Offline RacerDad

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 10:34:28 PM »
Paging flipside.

I've changed the fork seals on my Kawi PSF forks too many times already. After you do it a couple of times, you've basically got it down. It will be worth spending the money on the tools so if/when it happens again down the line, you'll be able to do it yourself cheaper than taking them in anyhow. And its something pretty cool and useful to learn to do yourself.

This ^^