Author Topic: good video editing software?  (Read 5458 times)

Offline slinky

• Pro
    • View Profile
good video editing software?
« on: January 04, 2009, 01:12:06 PM »
whats some good vid editing software? using windows movie maker, but looking for somthing a bit better.

Offline freds4

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
Re: good video editing software?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 09:17:21 PM »
whats some good vid editing software? using windows movie maker, but looking for somthing a bit better.

Corel Video StudioX2
AOT
TwinAir
Factory Seat                       
Dunlop
FactoryBacking
Acerbis                                       
Slick        
EvoMX
Leatt
Ogio
GoPro
Flow Vision
Arma Sport
Renthal
Tamer MX
Klean Freak

Offline PanicRev359

• Pro
  • PanicRev.org
    • View Profile
    • http://www.panicrev.org
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 03:32:08 AM »
I use Sony Vegas, but it is a lot more complex than Movie Maker.
www.panicrev.org
where fellowship meets dirt!

Offline bam280

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 05:12:15 PM »
To get the best end product you have to go with the Mac.
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee228/crazie390/DSC04825.jpg?t=1200098957

the biggest problem with being alive is that eventually you are going to die.

the second biggest problem, is that you will probably never know when its gonna happen, and if

Offline strauz419

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/strauz419
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 03:15:24 PM »
Final Cut pro for mac... sony vegas for windows..

Offline JohnnyMac

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 04:22:32 PM »

Really, why is that?

Offline chris64

• Pro
    • View Profile
    • You should download my app.  It's free!  And give it 5 stars!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 04:34:02 PM »
I got CS3 premier (the whole porduction suite actually - around $1000) and I will say that it sucks balls big time.  It's supposed to be the best but it's typical Adobe crap.  Don't get me wrong, Adobe has some sweet software.  They've just been slowly slipping over the last decade with adding new usless features to the same program and giving it a new name.

Anyway...it's first major flaw - Oh, you want to edit MPG's?  hope you don't need the sound...yea a known issue they won't resolve, but they will give you a conversion tool to convert your MPG's to some other format it can read.

We bought this for putting together some training video's, they wanted something as close to pro quality so I recommended this...We are now using Windows Movie Maker 2 (free download), it works (1 point already better than Adobe) flawlessly (2 points), it's free (3) and exports to MPG or WMV (4) with a zillion different codecs to choose from.

I called for support on CS3 and they gave me the run around - so I gave up.  Called again about a month ago and now they're wanting me to upgrade to CS4.  BTW - I have CS3 photoshop - but I still use photoshop 5.5 because it does everything nearly identical - and it's just faster.  Really I have yet to find something that CS3 does better.

Also Macromedia software went to crap since Adobe took them over.  Dreamweaver CS3 too sucks balls.

Sorry for the vent...it's bad enough that software companies sell the same software in different packaging with no upgrades, but too often they make things worse than they were to begin with.

Offline Blue622

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 04:53:21 PM »

Really, why is that?

Because that's what the dude at the Apples store said!  :lol: :lol:

.......but seriously I would like to see the $30,000 Macs the dude told me Apple builds for Sony  :shock:

Offline rockymoto

• Amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 05:39:06 PM »

Really, why is that?

Because that's what the dude at the Apples store said!  :lol: :lol:

.......but seriously I would like to see the $30,000 Macs the dude told me Apple builds for Sony  :shock:

That's easy Blue, just go to Apple.com and start building your own MacPRO. If you choose every option given to you, it comes out to $27,000 and some change, with overnight shipping.

How bout them Apples?  :shock:

Offline Jon 711

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 06:57:49 PM »
I use Pinnacle Studio 9.  Easy to use and you can create MPEG, AVI, or DVD.  Good amount of transitions, text options, speed, and video effects.

Offline moto314

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • REC MX
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 06:20:02 PM »
I use Adobe Premiere, works great and easy to use.
REC MX, JE Pistons, Rusk Racing, Yoshimura, Enzo Racing, Dubya Wheels, Asterisk, Rocket Performance, Seven, CCR Sport, & MMR

Offline docweedon

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 08:19:51 AM »
I got CS3 premier (the whole porduction suite actually - around $1000) and I will say that it sucks balls big time.  It's supposed to be the best but it's typical Adobe crap.  Don't get me wrong, Adobe has some sweet software.  They've just been slowly slipping over the last decade with adding new usless features to the same program and giving it a new name.

Anyway...it's first major flaw - Oh, you want to edit MPG's?  hope you don't need the sound...yea a known issue they won't resolve, but they will give you a conversion tool to convert your MPG's to some other format it can read.

We bought this for putting together some training video's, they wanted something as close to pro quality so I recommended this...We are now using Windows Movie Maker 2 (free download), it works (1 point already better than Adobe) flawlessly (2 points), it's free (3) and exports to MPG or WMV (4) with a zillion different codecs to choose from.

I called for support on CS3 and they gave me the run around - so I gave up.  Called again about a month ago and now they're wanting me to upgrade to CS4.  BTW - I have CS3 photoshop - but I still use photoshop 5.5 because it does everything nearly identical - and it's just faster.  Really I have yet to find something that CS3 does better.

Also Macromedia software went to crap since Adobe took them over.  Dreamweaver CS3 too sucks balls.

Sorry for the vent...it's bad enough that software companies sell the same software in different packaging with no upgrades, but too often they make things worse than they were to begin with.

I use Premier CS3 and I have no issues with it.  Much better than Premier CS(which is what I have at home), as CS3 supports Multi-cam edit(which I think FCP supported a while back). I use it to cut promotional videos for our corporate CDs and tradeshow booths.  I convert to WMV, Quicktime or AVI files before I edit and things work fine.  I will say though, it doesn't hold a candle to Final Cut Pro on the Mac side.
Windows Movie Maker, for what it is, is a great little program.  The best part is it's free.  The only issues I have with it is finding the plug-ins to make it work the way I need it to, which will cost you some money. My youngest nephew cuts some good looking videos from Windows movie maker, and it has him wanting to get more into video, which for free is priceless as I think he actually has an interest in wanting to learn more about video.

10% Discount to all ProRide Members!
PM me for details
-DocWeedon, www.bajadesigns.com