Author Topic: VIN verification  (Read 634 times)

Offline motohawk

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
VIN verification
« on: March 09, 2024, 09:36:30 AM »
I need to get a VIN verified.
Does anyone have a place other than DMV that's open on weekends?
I want to get my 250 titled in my name because it's still titled from the former owner in Idaho.
Matt

Offline Xzilr8

• Expert
  • Imported from Canada
    • View Profile
Re: VIN verification
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 09:46:36 AM »
AAA office should be able to help.

Offline motohawk

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 10:05:19 AM »
AAA office should be able to help.

That's what I was thinking.
I called the Redlands office and got the automated clerk. It said the dmv had to do it. But I did see it listed online as a service. I'm stumped.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 10:38:58 AM by motohawk »
Matt

Offline Ltracer27

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 10:18:39 AM »
CHP can do a VIN verification as well.

Offline barnett468

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2024, 10:51:46 AM »
I get vin verifications done all the time.

Most Highway Patrol offices require an appointment, and most appointments are at least 2 weeks out.

Any privately owned DMV office can do verifications.

All AAA offices can do a vin verification on all qualifying out of state vehicles contrary to what their recorded message says, providing you are an AAA member and you do the transfer at the same time.

If you want to transfer a street legal out of state vehicle, it must have a label stating it meets California emissions, or it must have over 7,500 miles.

If you want to speak to a real person at AAA on the phone.

1. Dial the number of an office that is open today.

2. Hit prompt number 5 when asked.

3. Wait until message is over and it asks "Is there something else?", then say "speak to operator" or "speak to agent".
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 11:13:27 AM by barnett468 »

Offline motohawk

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 09:04:06 AM »
CHP can do a VIN verification as well.

I'll see what kind of time frame they have if they do weekend appointments.
Matt

Offline motohawk

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2024, 09:04:46 AM »

Most Highway Patrol offices require an appointment, and most appointments are at least 2 weeks out.

All AAA offices can do a vin verification on all qualifying out of state vehicles contrary to what their recorded message says, providing you are an AAA member and you do the transfer at the same time.

If you want to transfer a street legal out of state vehicle, it must have a label stating it meets California emissions, or it must have over 7,500 miles.

3. Wait until message is over and it asks "Is there something else?", then say "speak to operator" or "speak to agent".

I'm not a member but that is a great option.
Thanks Mike.
Matt

Offline barnett468

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2024, 04:32:34 PM »

Thanks Mike.

No problem, you're most welcome.

My dad had AAA since the 60's and I have always had it, IMO it's worth the small annual fee just for piece of mind. I think they still offer free cards to family members as well, they provide more services than their Premium card member states.

I also think that if you go in and buy the basic membership, that you can get stuff titled at the same time.

If you still need a vin and are near Elsinore, you can get it don't at both In and Out DMV Services 951-245-3939, or Speedy DMV Services 951-245-5080. I prefer In and Out, I was there 7 times just last month. I think it is $25.00 for a verification from either place and there us usually only a 5 minute wait.

Offline motohawk

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2024, 04:37:15 PM »

Thanks Mike.

No problem, you're most welcome.

My dad had AAA since the 60's and I have always had it, IMO it's worth the small annual fee just for piece of mind. I think they still offer free cards to family members as well, they provide more services than their Premium card member states.

I also think that if you go in and buy the basic membership, that you can get stuff titled at the same time.

If you still need a vin and are near Elsinore, you can get it don't at both In and Out DMV Services 951-245-3939, or Speedy DMV Services 951-245-5080. I prefer In and Out, I was there 7 times just last month. I think it is $25.00 for a verification from either place and there us usually only a 5 minute wait.

Those look like solid options.  8)
Matt

Offline SLAPAHO

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2024, 05:13:18 PM »
Google "Mobile Vin Verification", there are lots of them.  We use one occasionally for cars and we now have a girl at work that is licensed also.. she doesn't work weekends tho

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Pro
  • #SDA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2024, 07:03:21 AM »
Google "Mobile Vin Verification", there are lots of them.  We use one occasionally for cars and we now have a girl at work that is licensed also.. she doesn't work weekends tho

Post a pic Yo!

Offline Zeke27G

• Peicks
  • Pro
  • Do It In The Dirt!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2024, 08:25:11 AM »

Post a pic Yo!

Offline SLAPAHO

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2024, 11:28:39 AM »
oh shit  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Pro
  • #SDA
    • View Profile