Author Topic: Ch-ch-ch-changes  (Read 692 times)

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
Ch-ch-ch-changes
« on: March 25, 2020, 09:00:35 PM »
   So I should weigh around 175....When I got to 188, it was, "...Hey, I should do something about that..."
Living in San Clemente I didn't work out, but 3-4 days a week I was bicycling from my house north to Doheny
headquarters, or south to Trestles hq. Either is  about 6 miles one way. The path I'd take was relatively safe.
Moving to Fallbrook, these little country roads are really cool, but too scary for me to ride on. So I dicked
around and did nothing.....I quietly hit 200 lbs, the heaviest I've ever been.....  :x My Dr. said "WTF, Dude?"
Besides no working out, all food rules were out the window...eat whatever I wanted, to refusal...I kept screwing
down the preload on my shock spring to be able to set the sag the way I like it, Rick at /too Tech says, "I
think you need a stiffer spring....chubby..... :lol: "Nope, I'm gonna change this around..." Here's what I've
done so far:
   I bought a used rowing machine for $150.00, & 2-15 lb. kettlebells, &  cleared out an 8'x8' space in my
garage. I stretch for 5 min., row 15 min., 18-1 min. kettlebell exercises, (w/10 seconds max rest between. I
went on youtube & collected lots of great exercises-), then 15 min. walking up & down the hill behind my
garage, it's 80 ft., about a 4&12 pitch. That's it for now, I can build on it as I feel the need. As for diet, for
now I'll call it, "sort of paleo..." mostly protein & vegetables, limiting sugar to what I  get in fruit. NOTHING
with hi fructose corn sugar....and limiting carbs as much as possible....trimmed down my portions, and I
stopped the continuous mowing from after dinner to bedtime..... :?
   Before I started this I could only go about 5 laps at race pace before my arms would pump up, and
eventually start cramping. Now, 8 laps is easy, & the last session I did was 15 laps, still no arm pump!
Yesterday I checked, I lost over 2" in the waist, & weigh in at 182....and I feel better, much better on the
bike- After this corona virus bullshit clears up, I'm anxious to go back to REM & see how I do-  :D 

Offline freds4

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Ch-ch-ch-changes
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 06:16:36 AM »
Nice, glad to hear you are back on track.  8)
As a trainer, I feel that what you are doing is right on point.
Scott Goggles
Matrix
TwinAir
Factory Seat                       
Dunlop
FactoryBacking
Acerbis                                       
Slick       
Lucas Oil 
EvoMX
Gaerne
Leatt
Ogio
GoPro

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 11:27:23 AM »
Nice, glad to hear you are back on track.  8)
As a trainer, I feel that what you are doing is right on point.
Thanks, Steve- that's good to know!

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 05:47:53 PM »
KB if you got a haircut you'd probably lose 3 more pounds  :lol:
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 06:03:42 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Probably so.... :lol:.....I'm gonna go see Terri as soon as this shit's over- :D

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 10:43:30 PM »

Probably so.... :lol:.....I'm gonna go see Terri as soon as this shit's over- :D

Sue cut mine yesterday, she was hesitant but I reminded her that I look like Doc Brown from back to the future and it's not like she could screw it up  :lol: It turned out as good or better than when I pay for it 
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 05:22:07 PM »

Sue cut mine yesterday, she was hesitant but I reminded her that I look like Doc Brown from back to the future and it's not like she could screw it up  :lol: It turned out as good or better than when I pay for it
:lol: :lol:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Pro
  • #SDA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 08:18:55 AM »

Hopefully she didn't take too much off of the top.  :|

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 02:16:29 PM »

Hopefully she didn't take too much off of the top.  :|

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 05:36:08 PM »
Update:
First ride back since 3-7, last Saturday I spent the day on the Rem track- (It was awesome-  8)) On 3-7 my sag was 107, Sat. it
was 90! My bike was really stiff & non-compliant, spent lots of time adjusting clickers, etc. Got it working great- The main
take-away was I was able to go 8+ pretty hard laps at a time, with NO ARM_PUMP....that's huge for me! Also no cramps- With a
2 month layoff, I've never had that happen 1st ride back-
   Diet: Have I cheated? Hell yes! I used to really like a Jack-in-the-box loaded breakfast sandwich, decided to try one, wasn't
impressed.....Got a pizza, same thing.....kinda screwed with my colon a bit..... :shock: So I think I'll just stick to what I'm doing.

Offline freds4

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2020, 06:33:38 PM »
Update:
First ride back since 3-7, last Saturday I spent the day on the Rem track- (It was awesome-  8)) On 3-7 my sag was 107, Sat. it
was 90! My bike was really stiff & non-compliant, spent lots of time adjusting clickers, etc. Got it working great- The main
take-away was I was able to go 8+ pretty hard laps at a time, with NO ARM_PUMP....that's huge for me! Also no cramps- With a
2 month layoff, I've never had that happen 1st ride back-
   Diet: Have I cheated? Hell yes! I used to really like a Jack-in-the-box loaded breakfast sandwich, decided to try one, wasn't
impressed.....Got a pizza, same thing.....kinda screwed with my colon a bit..... :shock: So I think I'll just stick to what I'm doing.

Awesome to hear!
I still eat pizza  but get either gluten-free crust or cauliflower crust, both of which are readily available. I just never eat anything made with wheat or white flour.
My weakness is vanilla ice cream so I have some every now and then, but stick to all-natural types with no high-fructose corn syrup.
Hard to argue with results like that; keep it up!  :D
Scott Goggles
Matrix
TwinAir
Factory Seat                       
Dunlop
FactoryBacking
Acerbis                                       
Slick       
Lucas Oil 
EvoMX
Gaerne