Author Topic: Fallen CHP Officer  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Alex641

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Fallen CHP Officer
« on: April 09, 2019, 04:10:11 PM »
Some of you may have heard about a CHP motorcycle officer that was killed this past weekend on I-15. His name was Steve Licon and some of you may remember him from racing SRA Senior Expert a few years back. I remember lining up next to him and chatting about whatever a few times and recall him as a really cool guy and was fast as well as very clean on the track. My heart sunk when I saw the news. He had to quit racing in order to keep his job after breaking his arm/hand hitting a badly placed cargo box at GH some years back. Godspeed Steve Licon!

Offline Jesse833Mx

• Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen CHP Officer
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 04:14:13 PM »
Godspeed

So many officers being struck on the side of the freeway. Should be standard for them to exit the freeway. I would never stop on the side of a freeway .

📸 @szumski_photography   👍

Offline SLAPAHO

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 04:49:44 PM »
wow, small world... that crash looked bad too, the clown's car that hit him was pretty smashed.  RIP

Offline motohawk

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 05:51:22 PM »
Godspeed

So many officers being struck on the side of the freeway. Should be standard for them to exit the freeway. I would never stop on the side of a freeway .
Matt

Offline Zeke27G

• Peicks
  • Pro
  • Do It In The Dirt!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 06:50:50 PM »
Godspeed

Offline redrider22

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 09:27:38 PM »
Drunk driver.  Charged him w murder.

Offline Tiki

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 03:28:04 PM »
This was a serious bummer.  The PE.com says the jackass that hit him is being tried for murder.  I hope he's tossed in the klink for a long time.
she·nan·i·gan: usually used in plural b : high-spirited or mischievous activity

Offline mxracer71

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 06:54:10 PM »
I feel so bad for this chp officer. unfortunately i do know the driver little bit from a mutual friend as we all coached our kids in baseball when they were young. No i dont feel bad for him at all. He made the choices he did and now he's going to have to live with it and pay the price. He did seem like a good dude, married with kids, maybe his life spiraled who knows. What pisses me off was my wife reading some of the comments on facebook with their friends saying he made a mistake and he's a good person and he shouldn't be tried for murder. Took everything for my wife not to comment but this dude needs to burn.  Tell that to the officers children and wife and see what her comment is. I hope he gets maximum time! RIP

Offline Jesse833Mx

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 07:50:12 PM »
I spent a few years trying to be CHP officer in my mid 20s.   Long story short it did not work out obviously but Every time I read something like this it really bums me out.   
Everyone on here , please if you are being pulled over by any law enforcement officer, for your safety and the officers , please pull off the freeway and into a safe location.

Be safe All ✌️

Offline kraig789

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 09:14:03 AM »
I do remember racing vs Steve in Vet-X days in 2005-2008...RIP my brother ...

ps to all

Please dont drink and drive.

Offline Jesse833Mx

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 10:48:17 PM »
CHP posted his service in case anyone wanted see it .  Heavy stuff .

https://www.chp.ca.gov/Pages/MemorialInfoCermenoy.aspx