Author Topic: CL Burn - 2006 YZ250 with KYB AOS forks, no SSS  (Read 1147 times)

Offline billyghog

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
Re: CL Burn - 2006 YZ250 with KYB AOS forks, no SSS
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 11:01:22 AM »
So the top and bottom clamps had two different offsets? It's impressive that they were even able to assemble it! I would be there's a lot messed up because of that if it was ridden; bearings and possibly the steering stem, frame, and/or upper fork tubes. Make sure you check everything out!

The '06 clamps are 2mm wider(spread apart) than the 05 clamps. I replaced all the fork bushings and the fork tubes seem to be good. Why would the frame have any problems?
Going to keep my eyes out for a clean set of used SSS forks because these forks have seen better days.

Two different offsets implies the distance from fork tube bores to steering stem bore, which should be 25mm on that bike. If the two clamps had different offsets and everything was installed, something was certainly binding/crooked/etc. and it's possible the bearings/steering/frame area that will take the beating.

If by different offset you meant the 2mm difference in fork spread, then the bearings and such should be fine, but the clamps and the fork tubes at that interface would take a beating.