Author Topic: anyone in here live in idaho  (Read 616 times)

Offline mxracer71

• Novice
    • View Profile
anyone in here live in idaho
« on: August 06, 2018, 05:09:36 PM »
Just curious if anyone here lives in idaho. My wife is down to her last 4 months of nursing school and we are really looking into idaho. Place looks beautiful and a crap ton of things to do. Just looking for some input of what you think.

Offline donkipp

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: anyone in here live in idaho
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 05:56:30 AM »
Idaho is on my list for next year, It's looks awesome. We just got back from Utah for the month of July, Utah is insanely awesome. Authorities don't give a ****, no two stroke laws, single track galore, easy to street legal your stuff, no homeless, no graffiti and people are nice, I hear Idaho is exactly the same.

When your wife is done she can pick the state she wants to go, I have 3 friends who wifes just finished and they all left California, they went to Utah, Texas and Arizona, they had no problem getting a job.

Offline NACNAC#721

• Pro
  • Keep It Simple Stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 07:56:37 AM »
I just left Utah and now Iím in Grand Junction, CO on vacation. You canít go wrong with Idaho as I have family in twin falls and they love it! Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming are pretty amazing states. Utah has to be my favorite though.

Offline mxmike#25

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:38:14 AM »
Iím in Boise once a month or so.  Itís being ďCalifornia-izedĒ. Lots of traffic  and the infrastructure canít handle the population. Real estate is going up really fast, but itís still a lot cheaper than most citiesÖ The people there really hate Californians right now for those reasons.  Strip malls being built everywhere. Schools are stretched. Usual growing pains.  Great outdoor activities.

Offline Dustdog29

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 09:56:45 AM »
was there for 7 years. loved the summer but the winters sucked so bad.

Offline Pokey

• Peicks
  • Pro
  • ProRide Solute!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 10:05:57 AM »
I rode a dualsport all through Idaho (Yellowstone to Oregon coast)  Idaho was great.  It was by far the friendliest state. 

Thanks O'neal, Factory Effex, Amsoil, Motion Pro, LEATT & Polycare Automotive

Offline Zeke27G

• Peicks
  • Pro
  • Do It In The Dirt!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 12:54:35 PM »

Was supposed to race the Boise Inter-Am this year, but some things came up and we couldn't make it. Definitely gonna try for next year.

Here's my buddy Ed a few years back on his twin pipe CZ!!

Offline redrider22

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 10:27:22 PM »
Buddy moved there and he said the winters are terrible. 

Offline themess

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 11:56:36 PM »

Yeah "Native Californians" are a bunch of whoosies when it comes to a real winter.

Offline Dustdog29

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 09:15:32 AM »
sucks for a good 5 months of the year. I would see pictures of all you guys at the beach in February and I would be like, what the phuk am I doing here in the ice with nothing to do  :lol: :lol: riding and outdoor stuff is great from may till October  :?

Offline Concep29

• Peicks
  • Expert
    • View Profile
    • http://cowanconcepts.com
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 09:15:47 PM »
Iím in Boise once a month or so.  Itís being ďCalifornia-izedĒ. Lots of traffic  and the infrastructure canít handle the population. Real estate is going up really fast, but itís still a lot cheaper than most citiesÖ The people there really hate Californians right now for those reasons.  Strip malls being built everywhere. Schools are stretched. Usual growing pains.  Great outdoor activities.

Yup, friend lived in Sandpoint for 10 yes before moving back, exactly how she described it. If you like Californians you'll be right at home, minus the local animosity and winters.

Offline mxwingnut

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 03:09:06 PM »
Utah seems more doable, winters not as harsh and it seems like a little longer riding season.  Winters not bad if you like skiing.

I don't think Salt Lake City area has gotten as out of control as Boise.