Author Topic: Milestone  (Read 271 times)

Offline proride phil

• Global Moderator
  • Pro
    • View Profile
Milestone
« on: June 22, 2018, 06:23:22 PM »
I live fairly close to Milestone, so I go there often and meet up with Wags and some others and ride on the Vet track. Yes, I like riding the Vet. It has enough for me to enjoy my time there. I used to ride the main quite a bit, and would basically do most jumps, but I don't jump like I used to, plus too many fast riders on the main and I just become an obstacle.

But, the main right now (IMO) is set up with a great flow, jumps with good options, so if you want to go big, no problem, but if you don't, the same jumps have the options to jump to a middle hump and not flat land. Also, the turns develop some nice deep ruts on the inside, while the outsides are normally free of the ruts and just perfect for riders like me. Then there are some technical sections, and a couple of fast sections to tie everything together.

So I've been riding the main more lately, and as I get more comfortable, the better and faster I'm riding, and having a great time. I usually just wait until around noon or so, as most fast riders tend to leave by then, and jump on the main. Now remember, I'm old and retired, so I get to go during the week instead of the weekends, which at times like today, after 12 or so, there are not many riders left.

Thanks Milestone's crew for doing a great job on both the main and the vet, which are the tracks I can comment on since those are the ones I ride. Great times and big smiles for sure.
Sponsored by:

Proride.com
TBT http://www.tbtracing.com/
LCG Graphics http://lcggraphix.com/

Offline Zerofear66

• Pro
  • Gotta launder my karma.....
    • View Profile
Re: Milestone
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 07:39:07 PM »

Sounds fun! Thanks for the ride report. Last time I was out there  the main was too much for my old slow ass. Nice to hear they made some options.
Looking forward to getting out there.

Offline 833mx

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 07:51:06 PM »
Enjoy that retired life Phil , you derserve it 👍

📸 @szumski_photography   👍

Offline mike10

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 09:31:16 PM »
So...when I left a little after 12, does that make me a fast guy?

Had a great time today.  Good seeing you Steve, Cam and Mark T.
John Burr Cycles, Troy Lee Designs, Dubya, Factory Backing, MTA, Gaerne, Enzo