Author Topic: Getting some more aftermarket parts  (Read 1334 times)

Offline B-DUB#15

• Pro
  • #SDA
    • View Profile
Re: Getting some more aftermarket parts
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 07:36:57 PM »
5 week update. I'm back to work almost like nothing happened. Still have some movement restrictions I'm not supposed to do yet but the hip feels strong and solid. Had to go on a roof to do some solar panel work this week, (I just supervised) but up and down the ladder was no problem at all. Rode around the neighborhood on Sue's XT250 today after I washed it for her. Hip felt great and it really felt good to be back on a bike, even though it was just around the block on the XT. Hoping to make it to Cahuilla Sunday to hang out. 3rd times the charm for me and hip replacements, this recovery has been a freaking joy compared to the first two.  8)
That's awesome, Bill-  :D

I hope Jay has the same experience  8)

Jay-Bob needs a new hip?  :shock:

R.I.P Zaca Station              Thanks CHAOS!

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 08:56:22 PM »
5 week update. I'm back to work almost like nothing happened. Still have some movement restrictions I'm not supposed to do yet but the hip feels strong and solid. Had to go on a roof to do some solar panel work this week, (I just supervised) but up and down the ladder was no problem at all. Rode around the neighborhood on Sue's XT250 today after I washed it for her. Hip felt great and it really felt good to be back on a bike, even though it was just around the block on the XT. Hoping to make it to Cahuilla Sunday to hang out. 3rd times the charm for me and hip replacements, this recovery has been a freaking joy compared to the first two.  8)
That's awesome, Bill-  :D

I hope Jay has the same experience  8)

Jay-Bob needs a new hip?  :shock:
Yea, it's been killing him....he had orientation today, hopefully
get a date soon-

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2018, 08:24:55 AM »
Went bodysurfing after work yesterday, first time in the ocean with the new parts. It felt strong and solid, didn't feel weird or wiggle or anything unusual, pretty happy ! I see the doc Thursday, I'll ask about dirtbikes and how much jarring it'll take, hoping he'll say go charge you're good. I'm not sure what the time frame for complete bone ingrowth is, the 2 other times they said wait a year, but this one feels great, I could race on it today according to how it feels, I'll do what ever he says. But so far so good  8)   
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018, 03:52:17 PM »
Went bodysurfing after work yesterday, first time in the ocean with the new parts. It felt strong and solid, didn't feel weird or wiggle or anything unusual, pretty happy ! I see the doc Thursday, I'll ask about dirtbikes and how much jarring it'll take, hoping he'll say go charge you're good. I'm not sure what the time frame for complete bone ingrowth is, the 2 other times they said wait a year, but this one feels great, I could race on it today according to how it feels, I'll do what ever he says. But so far so good  8)   
That's awesome, Bill-

Offline Fractured Vet

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.motovationsports.com
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 04:30:47 PM »

Really stoked to hear it is feeling great for you!  Very glad to hear you're getting back to enjoying what you do.

Quote from: '6IX'
You are simply an a**hole sometimes.
"The graveyards are full of indispensable men" -Charles de Gaulle

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 11:12:53 AM »

Really stoked to hear it is feeling great for you!  Very glad to hear you're getting back to enjoying what you do.

Thanks. Climbing on the bike like a normal person feels weird lol. Good weird though haha. Thinking about getting a mountain bike now that I can actually pedal...  8)
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning