Author Topic: Getting some more aftermarket parts  (Read 522 times)

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
Getting some more aftermarket parts
« on: February 21, 2018, 06:43:43 PM »
Hip #3 scheduled for March 30th.  Ceramic coated titanium ball into a polyethylene cup. Same as # 2 which has been great. I'll need to get some flexibility back and get "My hips to open up"  :lol:  Looking forward to being able to get off the bike like a normal human instead of the 4 methods I use now.
Method #1 (the most efficient and coolest) As I'm rolling to a stop I lift one leg over the seat, then hop off and simultaneously pull the front brake and come to a stop right as my feet touch the ground.
Method #2 (used mostly on hard surfaces on the dual sport) come to a stop, put the kickstand down and lean far to the left as I climb off, making sure I offset enough weight over the left side to keep the bike from tipping over on the right side as the suspension compresses.
Method #3 (Used mostly after a moto when my tongue is draggin and I'm exhausted) I slide off the back over the rear fender. The trick with this method is to not crunch the berries on the way over the back fender.
 Method #4 (Which is becoming alarmingly the most popular method) Is to tip over and roll away hopefully without whacking my melon in the process.     :lol:  Hope to be back riding by the end of summer and racing by the end of the year. Parts is Parts !
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Offline Fractured Vet

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.motovationsports.com
Re: Getting some more aftermarket parts
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 09:22:24 PM »
Hopefully it is a quick painless recovery!!!   

Quote from: '6IX'
You are simply an a**hole sometimes.
"The graveyards are full of indispensable men" -Charles de Gaulle

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 03:13:45 AM »

Thanks, I hope so too !  They'll have me in the walker a couple hours after I wake up, then sending me home the same day with this one  :shock:  Poor Sue...  :lol: :lol:

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 05:57:09 AM »

Thanks, I hope so too !  They'll have me in the walker a couple hours after I wake up, then sending me home the same day with this one  :shock:  Poor Sue...  :lol: :lol:
That's awesome, good luck, Dude! Jay has an appt. Mar. 1, with the Ortho to schedule his, hopefully he'll get his
done about the same time-  :D

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 07:34:27 AM »

That's awesome, good luck, Dude! Jay has an appt. Mar. 1, with the Ortho to schedule his, hopefully he'll get his

Dr. Namba was 3 plus months out. It took me 2 months to get to on the 3 month waiting list. The only reason I got the date I did was because I was on the cancellation list. That's why I quit racing with the club, they told me I could be called with as little as a 10 day lead time and if I had any scrapes scabs or wounds of any kind they'd send me away. I didn't bother telling them that I always have some cut or scrape from work somewhere, we're not accountants  :lol:  They have other surgeons but after my first clusterfuk I decided to wait for Namba.  Jay's kind of young for that right ? I guess between construction and dirt bikes the body takes a beating  :? 

ps. You have Scott bro working with you now too ? Joey is lovin the fact that he's his "Boss" (his words  :lol: ) Kick that kook in the nuts for me and tell him to get another bike so he can start going to the desert again  :lol: :lol:  Hope Jay gets in soon, Good luck !

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 11:21:38 AM »

Dr. Namba was 3 plus months out. It took me 2 months to get to on the 3 month waiting list. The only reason I got the date I did was because I was on the cancellation list. That's why I quit racing with the club, they told me I could be called with as little as a 10 day lead time and if I had any scrapes scabs or wounds of any kind they'd send me away. I didn't bother telling them that I always have some cut or scrape from work somewhere, we're not accountants  :lol:  They have other surgeons but after my first clusterfuk I decided to wait for Namba.  Jay's kind of young for that right ? I guess between construction and dirt bikes the body takes a beating  :? 

ps. You have Scott bro working with you now too ? Joey is lovin the fact that he's his "Boss" (his words  :lol: ) Kick that kook in the nuts for me and tell him to get another bike so he can start going to the desert again  :lol: :lol:  Hope Jay gets in soon, Good luck !
...Yea, Jay'll shit if he has to wait 3 months...but it is what it is.....Ha, yea Scott's workin out good, Joey should
be careful, cuz Scott works circles around him....they just don't make kids like they used to.... :roll:

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 11:57:27 AM »
Scott's workin out good, Joey should
be careful, cuz Scott works circles around him....they just don't make kids like they used to.... :roll:

Scott's a good dude. He'll tell you exactly what he thinks, which (it sounds like) his former employer didn't appreciate too much  :lol:
If you need window work he's the dude  8)   I have a new guy working, so far so good. He was the co-driver for a race team until the owner driver broke his back and his femur. so he's helping fill in for in for Kelley while he recoups from ACL surgery #2. I guess they won their class in the Baja 500 last year, then the driver/owner busted himself all up so he's been doing odd jobs in the meantime. Whatever we can do to keep the ball rolling we do  :lol: 

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 05:52:34 PM »
Jay's in, 2 months at the outside, but he's on the waiting list.
Not sure who the Dr. is, but he likes her, & that's saying something
for him.......I saw his xrays, holy cow....... :shock:

Offline Spode

• Global Moderator
  • Pro
  • highest performacne Spode eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 07:15:05 PM »
Best of luck pooling I hope it turns outs grate

The missle
EX Factory team bike washer assistor
Von Zipper goggles
Bills Pool service

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 08:39:38 AM »

Thanks ! 9 days away

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 06:06:13 AM »

Thanks ! 9 days away
How are you doing, Bill?

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 02:34:03 PM »

Thanks ! 9 days away
How are you doing, Bill?

Good, pretty weird going home the same day, but it actually wasn't too bad. I think they shoot you up with enough stuff you don't feel much the first 24 hours. Saturday I think I overdid it a little so last night was a little rough, lesson learned. PT came yesterday and today, they jump right in. So far so good ! Thanks for asking hope you had a good easter  8)