Author Topic: Getting some more aftermarket parts  (Read 750 times)

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
Getting some more aftermarket parts
« on: February 21, 2018, 06:43:43 PM »
Hip #3 scheduled for March 30th.  Ceramic coated titanium ball into a polyethylene cup. Same as # 2 which has been great. I'll need to get some flexibility back and get "My hips to open up"  :lol:  Looking forward to being able to get off the bike like a normal human instead of the 4 methods I use now.
Method #1 (the most efficient and coolest) As I'm rolling to a stop I lift one leg over the seat, then hop off and simultaneously pull the front brake and come to a stop right as my feet touch the ground.
Method #2 (used mostly on hard surfaces on the dual sport) come to a stop, put the kickstand down and lean far to the left as I climb off, making sure I offset enough weight over the left side to keep the bike from tipping over on the right side as the suspension compresses.
Method #3 (Used mostly after a moto when my tongue is draggin and I'm exhausted) I slide off the back over the rear fender. The trick with this method is to not crunch the berries on the way over the back fender.
 Method #4 (Which is becoming alarmingly the most popular method) Is to tip over and roll away hopefully without whacking my melon in the process.     :lol:  Hope to be back riding by the end of summer and racing by the end of the year. Parts is Parts !
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Offline Fractured Vet

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.motovationsports.com
Re: Getting some more aftermarket parts
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 09:22:24 PM »
Hopefully it is a quick painless recovery!!!   

Quote from: '6IX'
You are simply an a**hole sometimes.
"The graveyards are full of indispensable men" -Charles de Gaulle

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 03:13:45 AM »

Thanks, I hope so too !  They'll have me in the walker a couple hours after I wake up, then sending me home the same day with this one  :shock:  Poor Sue...  :lol: :lol:

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 05:57:09 AM »

Thanks, I hope so too !  They'll have me in the walker a couple hours after I wake up, then sending me home the same day with this one  :shock:  Poor Sue...  :lol: :lol:
That's awesome, good luck, Dude! Jay has an appt. Mar. 1, with the Ortho to schedule his, hopefully he'll get his
done about the same time-  :D

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 07:34:27 AM »

That's awesome, good luck, Dude! Jay has an appt. Mar. 1, with the Ortho to schedule his, hopefully he'll get his

Dr. Namba was 3 plus months out. It took me 2 months to get to on the 3 month waiting list. The only reason I got the date I did was because I was on the cancellation list. That's why I quit racing with the club, they told me I could be called with as little as a 10 day lead time and if I had any scrapes scabs or wounds of any kind they'd send me away. I didn't bother telling them that I always have some cut or scrape from work somewhere, we're not accountants  :lol:  They have other surgeons but after my first clusterfuk I decided to wait for Namba.  Jay's kind of young for that right ? I guess between construction and dirt bikes the body takes a beating  :? 

ps. You have Scott bro working with you now too ? Joey is lovin the fact that he's his "Boss" (his words  :lol: ) Kick that kook in the nuts for me and tell him to get another bike so he can start going to the desert again  :lol: :lol:  Hope Jay gets in soon, Good luck !

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 11:21:38 AM »

Dr. Namba was 3 plus months out. It took me 2 months to get to on the 3 month waiting list. The only reason I got the date I did was because I was on the cancellation list. That's why I quit racing with the club, they told me I could be called with as little as a 10 day lead time and if I had any scrapes scabs or wounds of any kind they'd send me away. I didn't bother telling them that I always have some cut or scrape from work somewhere, we're not accountants  :lol:  They have other surgeons but after my first clusterfuk I decided to wait for Namba.  Jay's kind of young for that right ? I guess between construction and dirt bikes the body takes a beating  :? 

ps. You have Scott bro working with you now too ? Joey is lovin the fact that he's his "Boss" (his words  :lol: ) Kick that kook in the nuts for me and tell him to get another bike so he can start going to the desert again  :lol: :lol:  Hope Jay gets in soon, Good luck !
...Yea, Jay'll shit if he has to wait 3 months...but it is what it is.....Ha, yea Scott's workin out good, Joey should
be careful, cuz Scott works circles around him....they just don't make kids like they used to.... :roll:

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 11:57:27 AM »
Scott's workin out good, Joey should
be careful, cuz Scott works circles around him....they just don't make kids like they used to.... :roll:

Scott's a good dude. He'll tell you exactly what he thinks, which (it sounds like) his former employer didn't appreciate too much  :lol:
If you need window work he's the dude  8)   I have a new guy working, so far so good. He was the co-driver for a race team until the owner driver broke his back and his femur. so he's helping fill in for in for Kelley while he recoups from ACL surgery #2. I guess they won their class in the Baja 500 last year, then the driver/owner busted himself all up so he's been doing odd jobs in the meantime. Whatever we can do to keep the ball rolling we do  :lol: 

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 05:52:34 PM »
Jay's in, 2 months at the outside, but he's on the waiting list.
Not sure who the Dr. is, but he likes her, & that's saying something
for him.......I saw his xrays, holy cow....... :shock:

Offline Spode

• Global Moderator
  • Pro
  • highest performacne Spode eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 07:15:05 PM »
Best of luck pooling I hope it turns outs grate

The missle
EX Factory team bike washer assistor
Von Zipper goggles
Bills Pool service

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 08:39:38 AM »

Thanks ! 9 days away

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 06:06:13 AM »

Thanks ! 9 days away
How are you doing, Bill?

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 02:34:03 PM »

Thanks ! 9 days away
How are you doing, Bill?

Good, pretty weird going home the same day, but it actually wasn't too bad. I think they shoot you up with enough stuff you don't feel much the first 24 hours. Saturday I think I overdid it a little so last night was a little rough, lesson learned. PT came yesterday and today, they jump right in. So far so good ! Thanks for asking hope you had a good easter  8)

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 01:09:32 AM »
5 week update. I'm back to work almost like nothing happened. Still have some movement restrictions I'm not supposed to do yet but the hip feels strong and solid. Had to go on a roof to do some solar panel work this week, (I just supervised) but up and down the ladder was no problem at all. Rode around the neighborhood on Sue's XT250 today after I washed it for her. Hip felt great and it really felt good to be back on a bike, even though it was just around the block on the XT. Hoping to make it to Cahuilla Sunday to hang out. 3rd times the charm for me and hip replacements, this recovery has been a freaking joy compared to the first two.  8)

Offline kb

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 05:50:05 AM »
5 week update. I'm back to work almost like nothing happened. Still have some movement restrictions I'm not supposed to do yet but the hip feels strong and solid. Had to go on a roof to do some solar panel work this week, (I just supervised) but up and down the ladder was no problem at all. Rode around the neighborhood on Sue's XT250 today after I washed it for her. Hip felt great and it really felt good to be back on a bike, even though it was just around the block on the XT. Hoping to make it to Cahuilla Sunday to hang out. 3rd times the charm for me and hip replacements, this recovery has been a freaking joy compared to the first two.  8)
That's awesome, Bill-  :D

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 08:36:45 AM »
That's awesome, Bill-  :D

I hope Jay has the same experience  8)