Author Topic: Bent front brake rotor?? Tusk replacement?  (Read 2825 times)

Offline NACNAC#721

• Pro
  • Keep It Simple Stupid.
    • View Profile
Bent front brake rotor?? Tusk replacement?
« on: December 10, 2017, 05:51:37 PM »
I went for a ride the other day and my front end was just off and acting weird. After some inspection I can see my rotor running out bad in one spot and binding up the front wheel.

My rim has a little wobble but that shouldn’t affect the rotor since it is attached to hub correct??

I removed brake caliper and wheel spins freely so it is not a bearing, hub or axle issue.

I checked my caliper pin and it was dry and gunky but not grooved (well worn though). I’m going to replace pin regardless. I believe my rotor is just warped.

Anybody use tusk replacement and if so any reviews??
OLDRELIABLE144  IG

Offline crc245

• Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Bent front brake rotor?? Tusk replacement?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 10:18:02 PM »
Can't beat the Galfer SKW 270mm kit for price and performance: http://galferusa.com/products/rotors

Offline scotty walker

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 06:14:35 AM »
I use a tusk rotor on one of my wheels. Just as good as stock and better looking.
#sonsofthundermx2 #walkerclanmx #hdvboiiz Isaiah 41:10

Offline crfspode54

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 06:44:00 PM »
Tusk all the way. I run the 270mm and it worked better than my braking one did. I have ordered tusk brake stuff before that had “galfer” printed right on it
" ...in dirt we trust...  "

Offline freds4

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 05:11:16 AM »
I always replace my front rotor with a good, oversized aftermarket (Braking Batfly) because I love a one-finger front brake but you can easily fix a warped rotor by simply raising the front end of the bike, spinning the front wheel to locate where it is warped and using a crescent wrench to gently bend it back until it runs true again.
AOT
TwinAir
Factory Seat                       
Dunlop
FactoryBacking
Acerbis                                       
Slick        
EvoMX
Leatt
Ogio
GoPro
Flow Vision
Arma Sport

Offline NACNAC#721

• Pro
  • Keep It Simple Stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 12:10:38 PM »
I always replace my front rotor with a good, oversized aftermarket (Braking Batfly) because I love a one-finger front brake but you can easily fix a warped rotor by simply raising the front end of the bike, spinning the front wheel to locate where it is warped and using a crescent wrench to gently bend it back until it runs true again.

I’m going to use my stocker as backup. I bought a braided tusk line to go with my tusk front rotor. What a difference it made! I was a little skeptical at first but its a very strong brake now. Galfer makes the tusk brake line.
OLDRELIABLE144  IG