Author Topic: KTM 530 E/XC died, no spark  (Read 966 times)

Offline Fractured Vet

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.motovationsports.com
Re: KTM 530 E/XC died, no spark
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2018, 09:06:41 PM »
You get this thing fixed yet? If so, it was probably the CDI.

Not yet. I've been out of town for a week and a half. Gonna get back after it this week.

Maybe American Airlines can give you some maintenance tips.

Quote from: '6IX'
You are simply an a**hole sometimes.
"The graveyards are full of indispensable men" -Charles de Gaulle

Offline FastRich

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 05:24:56 PM »
Maybe American Airlines can give you some maintenance tips.

:lol: I fly alot and I gotta say that was by far the worst display of ineptitude from any airline I've seen yet.

Offline FastRich

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2018, 10:45:13 PM »
Finally got this thing to fire tonight. Long story longer...it was the stator (generator). I decided to roll the dice since it was down to that or the CDI. My rational was that I want to put a better light on it anyway and I would've had to buy a new stator for that eventually so I went with a high output one from Ricky Stator. Mine was making power and read 11 ohms but I learned that only one pole is for the ignition. Stoked I got it going again. It's nice having a dirt bike with a plate but that much electrical crap is semi-irritating.

The stator itself was plug and play but I'm not super stoked with the included voltage regulator/rectifier. It requires some extra wiring and is far from being a clean install. I like everything neat and perfect and the new one is definitely not. It added a run straight to the battery, bypassed the stock regulator/rectifier connector and dead ends a wire in the harness.

Offline Shamus

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 05:13:58 PM »
The Ricky Stator regulator will handle the extra current that his stator will make. It would have cooked the OEM regulator.
The meek shall inherit the earth - a scorched, un-inhabitable earth.