Author Topic: Who you got?  (Read 821 times)

Offline Fractured Vet

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.motovationsports.com
Who you got?
« on: January 01, 2024, 06:41:52 PM »
Just days away from the new season and the field is stacked super deep this year.  There are a lot of very fast talented riders this year and I haven't heard much for injury rumors going into A1.  This could be one of the best seasons ever.

Jett Lawrence should be up at the front battling for the wins, young and talented and fast as fukk.
Eli Tomac is coming back with something to prove and hungry to win, I see a lot of tight races between Jett and Tomac.
Hunter Lawrence I feel will be a consistent 3-5.
Cooper Webb on the Yamaha will be strong this year, I say another 3-5 rider.  I don't know if he will be a consistent winner but he definitely could be a challenge for some wins.  He's back on a bike he's been successful on and could be a threat for the win at any time if the opportunity shows itself.
Chase Sexton, another 3-5 but with a chance for a win.  I think the KTM chassis will fit his riding better and I can see him battle for a win or two.
Ken Roczen, I say 4-6 consistency but also could battle for a win on the right night. 

From 4th-10th will be as just as good of a battle as 1-3 this year I think.  The depth of talent is deep this year and should be some damn good racing.

What are your thoughts?
"The graveyards are full of indispensable men" -Charles de Gaulle

Offline 6IX

• Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Who you got?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 08:35:59 PM »
Thanks.  :P

Offline SHIFTY

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 03:44:51 AM »

OHHHHHHHH YA GOTTA LAUGH AT THAT ONE...  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Fractured Vet

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 04:15:19 AM »

Excuse me for having a moment of being nice and trying to spark some fun discussion.   That's over now.  Go fukk yourself.

Offline Zeke27G

• Peicks
  • Pro
  • Do It In The Dirt!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 05:16:50 AM »

Offline motohawk

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 07:20:18 AM »
Cooper never really did much on the Yamaha 450. He did awesome on the 250 though.
I think there are going to be some epic races this year that's for sure.
Matt

Offline barnett468

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2024, 10:20:09 AM »

Excuse me for having a moment of being nice and trying to spark some fun discussion.   That's over now.  Go fukk yourself.

Offline kevin852

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2024, 12:22:44 PM »
I see it as Jett's championship to lose. He has proven to be as fast as anyone and seems to ride with a level head. His march through the field at MXdN in that forst moto was a clinic on patience.

Copper to me is the unknown. He looked like crap last year on Paris and damn near won the '23 title.

I would love to see Mookie win a race this year and the rumors are that he is killing it.

Chase - if he gets along better with the KTM everyone will be in trouble.

Final take....

Jett for the win
FV is still an ass
DustDog will call someone a squid

Offline freds4

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2024, 03:42:31 PM »
My thoughts.
Bike brand changes seem to go one of two ways; instant success or a struggle-fest. Which will Chase be?
I feel the same way about an injury as serious as Tomac's. Will we see the same old ET or one who struggles to get it back? In the past he seemed to take his time in the early season.
Cooper Webb's face looked puffy on that pre-season show the other day. Even my son commented that it looked like he had been drinking during the off-season.  :lol:
How exactly will anyone beat Jett?  :|
It seems like Roczen is on fire and has something to prove.
I don't think Hunter is aggressive enough to be a SX champion, but I would love for him to prove me wrong.
AOT
TwinAir
Factory Seat                       
Dunlop
FactoryBacking
Acerbis                                       
Slick        
EvoMX
Leatt
Ogio
GoPro
Flow Vision
Arma Sport
Renthal
Tamer MX
Klean Freak

Online SLAPAHO

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2024, 06:44:05 PM »
This Jett kid is no joke. I believe he will destroy the field this year, but anything can happen at A1 as has been seen in the past. I personally hope Roczen wins, but......  :D
Also, I hope Deegan kills everything in and outdoors in 2024  :D

Offline Gator

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2024, 07:09:02 PM »
I think you are spot on with your guys.  So many guys that are 3rd -10th that might get 1 win this year with a start.  But Jett, Tomac and hopefully Sexton should rule the series.  Will be interesting to see how much composure Jett shows if he has a first turn crash. 

Offline SHIFTY

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2024, 03:45:37 AM »
I think you are spot on with your guys.  So many guys that are 3rd -10th that might get 1 win this year with a start.  But Jett, Tomac and hopefully Sexton should rule the series.  Will be interesting to see how much composure Jett shows if he has a first turn crash.

SAME, I THINK THERE WILL BE A FEW ONE-OFF WINNERS; BUT I WILL BE SURPRISED IF JETT DOESN't LAND ON TOP WHEN IT's ALL OVER...

Offline Shamus

• Pro
  • Google Shawn's Peformance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2024, 08:56:29 PM »
Trying to pick a specific rider out of this field is impossible from what I see. If you get it right, it's pure luck.

There are at least 8 guys that have a genuine shot at a win. Probably 5 wild cards.

I dont remember ever looking at the field and thinking there are 13 guys that could pull out a win.

The head games are going to be epic.
The meek shall inherit the earth - a scorched, un-inhabitable earth. Shawn's Performance- Engine and Suspension mods. Two stroke and four strokes.

Offline 6IX

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2024, 09:03:59 PM »
The head games are going to be epic.

They need to play that during opening ceremonies.  :P 8)

https://youtu.be/Dzjg4v7bd1U?si=af2j0rv8-28hxeae

Offline Fractured Vet

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2024, 09:38:36 PM »