Author Topic: Any moto photogs out west can give some input?  (Read 524 times)

Offline Kaser onE

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Rapid Rescore Credit Repair
Any moto photogs out west can give some input?
« on: October 24, 2023, 11:51:15 AM »
Wassup PR peeps.

Gotta pro photog neighbor here (Maine) looking for ideas to shoot for $ out west during the off season.  He shoots pro downhill MTB racing here on the east coast and Europe in the spring and summer.  He's young 30's, no wife/kids and has a van thinking of heading west to shoot tracks and maybe some SX series races.

Thought I'd throw it out here since you's guys may know something, or nothing. :lol:

TIA

p.s. where can i find the shytfountain??

Offline SLAPAHO

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Any moto photogs out west can give some input?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 03:50:41 PM »
What's up mang?   :o

Long time.

Offline 6IX

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 04:40:33 PM »
What up Jason.  Happy we met up on Maui that one time, and glad to see Maine is turning out to be a fun time for you as well with all the foiling and fishing.

I would think a good approach would be to contact some of the local media outlets who are usually pretty receptive and based in California. As you may recall Transworld got shuttered and Donn Maeda offered to buy the rights and keep it going, but was apparently denied, so he started his own media outlet: www.swapmotolive.com  The guys at www.motocrossactionmag.com are usually pretty responsive to inquiries as well.

I'd think either outlet would be responsive to a photographer wanting to show what he can do in the Moto industry and at least give him some opportunities.

Offline Kaser onE

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 09:40:56 AM »

Long time.

Hey LouSOB, yessir out spending my golden years on the east coast up in New England/Maine.  Winters are cold, craft beer is excellent, and the seafood is pretty damn good.  We landed a spot right in Boothbay Harbor. 

Hows things out west for you?

Offline Kaser onE

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 09:47:01 AM »
What up Jason.  Happy we met up on Maui that one time, and glad to see Maine is turning out to be a fun time for you as well with all the foiling and fishing.

I would think a good approach would be to contact some of the local media outlets who are usually pretty receptive and based in California. As you may recall Transworld got shuttered and Donn Maeda offered to buy the rights and keep it going, but was apparently denied, so he started his own media outlet: www.swapmotolive.com  The guys at www.motocrossactionmag.com are usually pretty responsive to inquiries as well.

I'd think either outlet would be responsive to a photographer wanting to show what he can do in the Moto industry and at least give him some opportunities.

Yes it was a good time on Maui, glad we hooked up.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it on to my guy.

Offline SLAPAHO

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2023, 01:10:25 PM »

Long time.

Hey LouSOB, yessir out spending my golden years on the east coast up in New England/Maine.  Winters are cold, craft beer is excellent, and the seafood is pretty damn good.  We landed a spot right in Boothbay Harbor. 

Hows things out west for you?

Same old. Living the dream in Costa Mesa  :lol:  Riding the e-beach cruiser around HB... or the Harley. Still have a dirtcycle, but haven't been able to do much riding, unfortunately.  Still alive, tho, that's  always a plus  :)