Author Topic: Gas Stations w/ Race Gas on Pump in Temecula?  (Read 8076 times)

7out

Gas Stations w/ Race Gas on Pump in Temecula?
« on: November 14, 2010, 08:48:47 PM »
Does anyone know of any gas stations in the temecula / murrieta area that have race gas "on tap"?  I prefer to buy it as needed, instead of in the 5 gallon drums.

Offline STREETS

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Gas Stations w/ Race Gas on Pump in Temecula?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 10:37:31 AM »
DOWNS ENERGY has a place on Diaz Rd. that has 110 and STREETBLAZE at the pump, but you need to get an account with them. Not a big deal, just call them and they will tell you what to do.
http://www.downsenergy.com/inlandempirefuelsites.htm
STREETS SPECIALTIES
DCR  -  Daniel Crower Racing
The feeling of enjoyment/excitement that we experience when riding/racing is what keeps us coming back for more!

7out

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 07:07:37 PM »
DOWNS ENERGY has a place on Diaz Rd. that has 110 and STREETBLAZE at the pump, but you need to get an account with them. Not a big deal, just call them and they will tell you what to do.
http://www.downsenergy.com/inlandempirefuelsites.htm

Perfect!  That is right down the street from my work too.  Thank you!

Offline rlmxracer

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 04:19:53 PM »
 I get my VP110 from their Corona location. With the new CARB laws you have to give them the date, name, and promoter of the "races" you are purchasing the fuel for. Thanks CARB for saving us from ourselves.
02 & 06 YZ250 2 smokes of course. #418
PM me about baseball/softball glove relacing and conditioning.

7out

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 05:27:22 PM »
I get my VP110 from their Corona location. With the new CARB laws you have to give them the date, name, and promoter of the "races" you are purchasing the fuel for. Thanks CARB for saving us from ourselves.

Yeah, I went there today and they were telling me all about it.  Unbelievable.  Do you run the leaded stuff in your bike?  What is the difference?

Offline rlmxracer

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 06:03:09 PM »
I have run 110 leaded fuel since I bought my 02. I usually run 50-75% race fuel mixing it with pump. The lead is not really needed. The two main reasons I run it is both my YZs ping on strait pump and it keeps my power valves cleaner.
02 & 06 YZ250 2 smokes of course. #418
PM me about baseball/softball glove relacing and conditioning.

Offline kgelhaus

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 09:49:05 AM »
What do you think I should run my YZ 250 2 stroke?  I was thinking about mixing one gallon of 110 to four gallons 91.  Thanks for the help.

7out

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 10:13:52 AM »
I thought that all of the stuff thqt was over 100 octane was leaded?  I don't know crap about this stuff though either. I don't think it's good to put leaded gas in a 2 stroke. I just re-jetted my bike with a JD Jetting kit and am gonna start running the 100 octane street blaze gas with Motorex @ 40:1. I'll report back on how the setup works.

Offline nickvalve

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 12:44:38 PM »
Yes there is a lot to gas . Just a couple points here . No , lead is not required in a 2 stroke ,lead will not harm a 2 stroke although extended use you may see some really fluffy debris on top of the piston during a top end rebuild. Lead was originally used in fuel for two reasons  ,one it is an inexpensive way for the fuel designers to increase the octane rating [octane is the resistance to detonation or preignition if you will ].Two , it was used to protect the steel valves and  seats of the day. Lead acts as a lubricant on the face of the valve and cushions the landing of the valve on seat.Todays 4 strokes have valves that have either coatings or are made of materials that resist seat damage in that respect.So no you don't need lead in todays 4 strokes , but , it will not harm them either. The pump gas today is so bad [ ethanol ] that , that in itself is reason to use straight , low octane , non-enhanced race fuel.Its not that expensive when due to its better control you can pretty much double your engine life. We have taken apart 200 hour honda 450's and the pistons and valves are clean , that have lived on low octane straight race gas.