Author Topic: KKE wheels  (Read 3156 times)

Offline TV 97

• Amateur
    • View Profile
KKE wheels
« on: August 27, 2021, 09:15:08 AM »
Has anyone tried these wheels or have any feedback on them? They’re fairly cheap and look good but I’ve read mixed reviews. Any info is appreciated!

Offline barnett468

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: KKE wheels
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 08:58:39 AM »
I have not used them, but I suggest you call Faster USA and ask them about the KKE wheels and their wheels if you have not done so.
951-296-0012.

I think KKE used to also have an option between cast aluminum hubs and 6082 T6 aluminum hubs.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 10:24:56 AM by barnett468 »

Offline TV 97

• Amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 07:45:36 PM »
Thanks for the info. The places I’ve tried so far do not make wheel sets for my bike anymore (03 RM) that’s why I’m considering the China stuff.

Offline barnett468

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 08:35:27 PM »
Are you looking for just a spare set, or are your hubs bad and you need a complete set to replace them?

From what I have read about the KKE wheels, a few people have had fitment problems, and some have had premature bearing failure, but the majority of people have not had a significant problem, but none of them were extremely hard on the wheels like a pro rider would be. If you got a set, I would consider changing the bearings out for some Japanese or US made ones.

Offline TV 97

• Amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 09:17:57 AM »
I want to put a new set on the bike and use my stock wheels for spares. The stock wheels are fine, just stock and boring. I also read about the firmest issues and the bearings. Can easily solve that with new bearings but the figment part is what I’m worried about, and the quality of the metal standing up. I’m no pro by any means and don’t plan on hitting 150’ doubles anytime soon.

Offline barnett468

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2021, 09:32:19 AM »
As long as the hubs are made from T6 aluminum, I would not worry about them breaking in your case. As far as the fitment goes, I didn't see many people having a problem, so I would say that as long as you can easily return them if there is a problem, and it does not cost you a fist full of dollars to ship them back etc, you should be ok. As with any new wheel assembly, just remember to check the spokes frequently at first.

Also, in case you don't have a good method of protecting the rims when installing tires, you can get a set of these made by Motion Pro. They make 2 types.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 09:39:12 AM by barnett468 »

Offline TV 97

• Amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2021, 01:29:29 PM »
Thanks for the tip that’s pretty fancy. I’ll probably go for the wheels and hope they work out. Appreciate your input.