Author Topic: Baja Designs XL 80 Light Install on a Husky  (Read 3485 times)

Offline ds711

• Pro
    • View Profile
Baja Designs XL 80 Light Install on a Husky
« on: June 24, 2020, 10:29:09 PM »
Has anyone on here put the XL80 kit on a newer Husky FE 501?  I just ordered one and was searching like crazy trying to find installation instructions without much luck. I did find a few comments mentioning needing to have a voltage meter, but I thought these were plug and play? Just wondering if it’s easy to do yourself or if I should take it in if I’m risking frying some wiring. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 08:05:37 AM by ds711 »

Offline B-DUB#15

• Pro
  • #SDA
    • View Profile

Photo by Matt "Motohawk" Hawkins!

Offline ds711

• Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Baja Designs XL 80 Light Install on a Husky
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 07:40:44 PM »
Maybe this will help?
http://i2admin05.webstorepackage.com/baja2/virtualweb/images/electric-starts_includes-fe450.pdf

Thanks, yeah I did find that one as well, but it doesn’t seem like it applies to my particular model. Thanks though!

Offline B-DUB#15

• Pro
  • #SDA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 07:53:41 PM »
Give them a call.  They open at 8:30AM tomorrow and I bet they'll help you get the info you need. 
PH: 800-422-5292

Offline ds711

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 08:44:34 AM »
Give them a call.  They open at 8:30AM tomorrow and I bet they'll help you get the info you need. 

I was jumping the gun a little as my light kit doesn’t even show up until next week 🤣 I just wanted to be prepared so I didn’t get myself in over my head before the long weekend.  Thanks again, hope you’re doing well.

Offline B-DUB#15

• Pro
  • #SDA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 02:02:23 PM »

I was jumping the gun a little as my light kit doesn’t even show up until next week 🤣 I just wanted to be prepared so I didn’t get myself in over my head before the long weekend.  Thanks again, hope you’re doing well.
Just a little stoked huh?  :lol:   I'm doing well and working on getting back up to speed after the shutdown B.S. :x

Offline docweedon

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 03:37:58 PM »
Has anyone on here put the XL80 kit on a newer Husky FE 501?  I just ordered one and was searching like crazy trying to find installation instructions without much luck. I did find a few comments mentioning needing to have a voltage meter, but I thought these were plug and play? Just wondering if it’s easy to do yourself or if I should take it in if I’m risking frying some wiring. Thanks!

DS711...sorry about finding this late, but wanted to chime in and ask how did everything go with your install of the XL80 on your 501FE?  I am now over here at Baja Designs, so wanted to see how everything has been with our light and the install?

Send me some pics if you have of your set-up doc@bajadeisgns.com, would love to see some!

-Doc
10% Discount to all ProRide Members!
PM me for details
-DocWeedon, www.bajadesigns.com

Offline ds711

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2021, 07:43:39 PM »

DS711...sorry about finding this late, but wanted to chime in and ask how did everything go with your install of the XL80 on your 501FE?  I am now over here at Baja Designs, so wanted to see how everything has been with our light and the install?

Send me some pics if you have of your set-up doc@bajadeisgns.com, would love to see some!

-Doc

Hey Doc,

It was a bit of a debacle, Rocky Mtn had the wrong SKU for the 2020 and shipped me the wrong light (which I tried like hell to make work 😂😂). We got it all figured out though and it is awesome!  I’ll email you some pics of the setup.

Offline docweedon

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 03:41:41 PM »

-Doc

Hey Doc,

It was a bit of a debacle, Rocky Mtn had the wrong SKU for the 2020 and shipped me the wrong light (which I tried like hell to make work 😂😂). We got it all figured out though and it is awesome!  I’ll email you some pics of the setup.

Glad to here you got it sorted out. For sure send me some photos, would love to give you a shoutout on our social!
doc@bajadesigns.com

-Doc
10% Discount to all ProRide Members!
PM me for details
-DocWeedon, www.bajadesigns.com

Offline seabass152

• Amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 08:24:10 PM »
Get a dimmer or you will drain the battery if riding slow techy stuff for any extended time. You dont need all that light when going slow anyways.
don't jump in the wind