Author Topic: RM250 kickstarter assembly...  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Dirt Addict

• Pro
  • Fortune favors the bold...
    • View Profile
RM250 kickstarter assembly...
« on: October 23, 2013, 10:14:39 PM »
2006 Suzuki rm250. I just redid the bottom end. Cases are together and I thought I had the clutch side assembled correctly. I had it all buttoned up and wanted to use the kickstarter to rotate the motor. I noticed the kickstart shaft was rotated to the wrong position. It has one broad spline to locate the kickstarter. It was on the bottom, opposite of where it is supposed to be. It has a ratcheting noise going on too.
How much tension is on the coil spring?  I'm sure I just have something out of alignment, but I can't figure out what?
Anyone with experience with this?  I have a manual but it's not really detailed about the starter....

Offline nickvalve

• Pro
    • View Profile
Re: RM250 kickstarter assembly...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 07:58:10 AM »
Im unclear as to " rotated to the wrong position" ? Almost all assy's have indexing dots / lines to assemble them. It sounds to me like the kickstart shaft stop fell off and is not indexed correctly. Look very carefully at all the parts and look for those dots . Its kinda Rubics Cube , it will only go together one way to work.

Offline Dirt Addict

• Pro
  • Fortune favors the bold...
    • View Profile
Re: RM250 kickstarter assembly...
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 09:35:06 AM »
ok, thanks. I'm gonna mess with it this morning.
edit: I got it figured out. I went the wrong direction when placing the return spring. simple fix....
thanks again...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:14:56 PM by Dirt Addict »