Author Topic: Yz250 leaking from fork guard mounting hole  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Jim1234

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Yz250 leaking from fork guard mounting hole
« on: August 05, 2017, 11:13:38 AM »
My sons yz250 is leaking from one of the fork guard mounting hole. What's the best repair for this do I need a new fork lug? Thanks

Offline Hack-Man162

• Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Yz250 leaking from fork guard mounting hole
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 06:48:32 AM »
Hmmm...not likely the lug. Did someone use the wrong fork guard bold and put one in that is too long? Usually that just deforms the tube, but who knows... There is also an o-ring on the axle lugs, but usually if that is bad you see oil forming around the top of the lug.
--Hack-Man162

"I hate elections. It's a reminder of just how many stupid people are in the USA"  --Blue622

Offline Jim1234

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 12:58:03 PM »
Hmmm...not likely the lug. Did someone use the wrong fork guard bold and put one in that is too long? Usually that just deforms the tube, but who knows... There is also an o-ring on the axle lugs, but usually if that is bad you see oil forming around the top of the lug.

You're right, I need a fork tube or complete lower leg with 6 oem fork guard bolts

Offline flipside

• Pro
  • N2dirtsuspension
    • View Profile
    • N2dirtsuspension
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 12:13:38 PM »

You're right, I need a fork tube or complete lower leg with 6 oem fork guard bolts

Don't buy this from Yamaha directly. I can source this directly from KYB if you need me to. Chances are you'll be needing a spring too. If you buy the tube I'll throw in a spring.