Author Topic: VForce vs Boyesen Rad Valve  (Read 2150 times)

Offline 250SX

• Amateur
    • View Profile
VForce vs Boyesen Rad Valve
« on: January 09, 2019, 07:34:14 PM »
Over the years I've used each brand and had great results, lately I've used the VForce. For my 2019 250SX I thought I might go back to the Boyesen.
Anyone have a preference?

Offline 6IX

• Pro
    • View Profile
Re: VForce vs Boyesen Rad Valve
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 09:20:56 AM »
No preference, namely because I havent tried the Boyesen, but the lower Reeds on my VForce3 were F'd after about a dozen rides.  :x  Chipped and not sealing anymore.

The 4 petal replacement set is like $$60, and luckily they are all the same, so I threw a new one in (and reversed another one that was lifting) and kept the other 3 for future maintenance.

Offline YZed250

• Expert
  • 2014 YZ250F
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 02:42:19 PM »
I have a 2017 250sx with the stock reeds and cage. The vforce seems to get a lot of good reviews on rmatv, mostly related to throttle response.
These bikes don't have the best top-end power and I've had good results in that area on the YZ125 and YZ250 with Boyesen.
The Boyesen Rad Valve does not have many reviews (on RMATV).

Offline 250SX

• Amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 09:43:14 AM »
This is one of the better reviews I've seen on the 2019 bike.I have a DEP pipe on my 2017 and it has excellent low and mid power but still signs off a little sooner than I would like on top. I did have a Pro Circuit pipe on it and without even a single crash the pipe severely cracked so I looked for other options besides PC and FMF. I have about 50 hours with the DEP pipe and it has held up well. I think I will try the Boyesen reed cage and the larger rear sprocket as in the review.

https://youtu.be/mxzfFczV4FQ