Author Topic: Know the story of proride.com! (video)  (Read 27576 times)

Offline proride phil

• Global Moderator
  • Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Know the story of proride.com! (video)
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2011, 07:20:52 AM »
I remember meeting Phil back in the day at Perris and I got one of the flyer's for Proride. Worm remember's those Wednesday practice days at Perri also. Phil sat around and talked more than he rode... wait.. has that changed?  lol  Thanks to Phil and all the cool people I've met thru the site.

Sure do miss being able to hit up the SO CAL tracks with the PR crew...

Well Chris, why do you thing I'm still such a slow rider? I don't need to stinkin' practice when I can just walk around the pits and BS with people  :lol:
Sponsored by:

Proride.com
Dunlop
O'Neal

Offline Dustdog29

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2011, 07:34:40 AM »
Nice man!
yeah that was cool. I like the part about getting jumped on  :lol: :lol:

Offline luchador768

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2011, 09:00:27 AM »
A few years ago, it took me a long time to figure out why every other thing Hauler said was "I'm so cute!"  That still cracks me up.

Offline themess

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 11:51:35 AM »
I still can't figure out why I haven't been banded, must of been something I didn't say.

Congrats Phil, this has got to be one of the best moto related sites in the country if not the whole world..................... universe......................................infinity and beyond.  Yeah I like it.

Offline NITROCAT

• Pro
  • WE ARE THE 99%
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »
just watched the video...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Just kidding...  Thanks for the site Philly!

Offline chris64

• Pro
    • View Profile
    • You should download my app.  It's free!  And give it 5 stars!
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 03:30:51 PM »
That was cool...Nice work and thanks Phil!

I was a lurker from a long time ago, around 98 I guess to find local tracks when I got my first bike.  I started posting under the name ChrisH around 2000, and after insulting Carlsbad track management I was asked to stop using that name because I guess Carlsbad thought I was some Chris H (Hultner I think) from Motocross West mag.  Shortly after I changed it to Carlsbadandmotocrosswestcansuckmyleftnutsack (back when you could just use any old name you wanted to)...but then went with Chris64 to be like Blue622 & Rich414...seemed to make more sense.  And I still haven't ever made it to a proride day...I hope to someday.

Offline vega_426

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 04:59:53 PM »
Still looking good Phil,
member since 02 or 03, never been banned but I tread lightly.
I no longer ride ( injury in 06 ) but lurk frequently, moved on to something safer ( rock crawling  :lol:)
I've rode with Phil, Shifty, Diablo ( well tried ) and remember Shamus helping me out with my suspension at Perris once.....this is way back.
good to see Proride going strong but amazed with some of the knuckleheads above us all on here. I still have my extra pairs of Proride fender stickers in my tool box.
No sponsors No support Just Ride!

Offline mxtinter

• Amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2011, 05:15:08 PM »
I should have made my user name Pro-lurker. been checking in since 2001 but rarely post. Some of you guys are so witty. I can hardly keep up with your funny as chit comments.
I check in 2-3 times a day and never miss a day.  Thanks Phil

Offline Fractured Vet

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.motovationsports.com
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 05:28:08 PM »
You guys are so gullible.  Phil is only in it for the money.
"The graveyards are full of indispensable men" -Charles de Gaulle

Offline Poolio

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2011, 05:44:08 PM »
You guys are so gullible.  Phil is only in it for the money.

"Tens & Tens of Dollars" 
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Offline rydersdad

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2011, 06:02:58 PM »
Joined in 2005, because uncle sam decided I needed to be in San Diego. Left in 2006, but still check in nearly every day.
Train Hard, Fight Easy!

Offline lilcruzer

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2011, 09:37:18 PM »
Oh dear.  So that's what you were doing all these years....BSing and goofing off (like I didn't know, how else did I get the way I am)! :lol:  Man pops, you missed the boat somewhere.  You could have been like......ummmm.....something.  Let me think...ummm...the dad of social networks!  Where's my mansion!?!  Wait a minute....no mansion?  DANG IT!  Well as long as it continues to be fun and the peeps you hang with are cool, that's all that matters (so you peeps stay cool and treat my pops good).

PS...if you haven't figured it out, this is Phil's (youngest and brattiest) daughter.  The reason he now rides with a headlight! Yeah I ride with a headlight too (a 250x) but I actually use mine in the desert!  See, I am a brat....blame him.  I can hear it now, "Smart ass kid!"  HA!  :D

Offline Fractured Vet

• Peicks
  • Pro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.motovationsports.com
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2011, 09:43:25 PM »
Oh dear.  So that's what you were doing all these years....BSing and goofing off (like I didn't know, how else did I get the way I am)! :lol:  Man pops, you missed the boat somewhere.  You could have been like......ummmm.....something.  Let me think...ummm...the dad of social networks!  Where's my mansion!?!  Wait a minute....no mansion?  DANG IT!  Well as long as it continues to be fun and the peeps you hang with are cool, that's all that matters (so you peeps stay cool and treat my pops good).

PS...if you haven't figured it out, this is Phil's (youngest and brattiest) daughter.  The reason he now rides with a headlight! Yeah I ride with a headlight too (a 250x) but I actually use mine in the desert!  See, I am a brat....blame him.  I can hear it now, "Smart ass kid!"  HA!  :D

Pics=Proof.
"The graveyards are full of indispensable men" -Charles de Gaulle

Offline worm

• Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »
I've met her, long ago.   :mrgreen:

way to call out the ol'man

those days at perris back in '99 were my first times at the track and phil and chris were super helpful to someone that shouldn't of been at perris leaning how to ride   :lol:

Offline RADMan87

• Pro
  • I ride, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2011, 11:06:01 PM »

How did you ever get your dad to approve your member request? :shock: :P

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living. --Thomas Sowell